Monday, Nov. 22
Present: Angie, Deirdre, Chai’enne, Whitney, Lynn, Terri, Laura
- Intros and welcome Betsy 🙂
- Title One Parent Involvement Policy – review & approve updates
- Reviewing Title One Compact for Alice. There was a section we did not review last meeting.
- Made a few edits and all agreed
- EEF grant results – CELEBRATION!
- We were granted: Diverse books for each classroom teacher (about 5,000), OBOB books (about 700), Supplies for BIPOC Affinity Group (500), 5th Grade Stem Supplies (150)
- Ipad charging hubs (700) – grant denied because 4J Tech Dept decided to pay for these
- Review student enrollment and class size – Deirdre
- Review fall ECBM data – Deirdre
- Student enrollment is lower than in previous years. 100 less than in previous years
- Projections were not what the district thought were going to be especially for kinders.
- 4th grade started with low numbers then new 4th grade families moved in adding 6 more 4th grade students.
- There is a district parent survey regarding whether they are going to return to in person learning at semester break.
- Reading – 1st grade students were testing really low due to not having in person kinder and lack of instruction.
- Students are showing growth in reading across grade levels now that we are in person.
- Students are getting lots of support in math and growth is happening.
- Schedule out meetings & draft agendas for the rest of the year (see notes below)
- ESSA – go over ESSA plan twice per year
- Sub committee for events Laura, Betsy, Lynn, Terri, Chai’enne, Angie. Angie will send out invite for meeting dates and times.
- Next meeting date: Dec 6 – ESSA
- Jan 24th Sub committee – zoom link needed
- Feb 28th – Whole team meeting. Focus: event calendar
- March – skip
- April – ESSA – 25th
- May 23rd – final meeting. Review data, elections.