The César E. Chávez Elementary school community believes a strong connection between parents, students and the school is the best way to promote student success. César E. Chávez Elementary values parent involvement and collaboration. Our academic program focuses on literacy through systematic instruction. Our students have access to technology throughout their school day to enhance learning. César E. Chávez Elementary School is a respectful, caring community with high expectations. We honor individual successes and believe everyone can learn in an encouraging environment.
- Highly qualified staff engaged in ongoing professional development in literacy, mathematics and technology.
Positive school climate that supports the varied needs of all students.
- State of the art technology integrated across curricular area and grade levels Kindergarten through 5th grade. Macbook Airs for every student in grades 3rd, 4th and 5th. iPad Minis for every student in 2nd grade. iPads in all Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms.
- Involved community of families. Bilingual (English/Spanish) communications: webpage, parent meetings, family events, newsletters, information flyers and family events. Bilingual-Bicultural Office Staff available all day every day.
- Monthly family events such as: BINGO, Pajama Jam, Math Night, International Game Night, Movie Night, Dr. Seuss Extravaganza and more.
- A variety of school programs including: BEST Afterschool Program, SMART, Lunch Buddies, CHAMPS Mentoring Program, Student Leadership.