To create a diverse student community of academically and socially skilled individuals by encouraging independence, respect and visionary thinking.
César E. Chávez Elementary is a respectful, caring community with high expectations. We honor individual successes and believe everyone can learn in an encouraging environment.
- Every child can learn and achieve.
- Every child can be a successful participant in our community.
- Every child can show PRIDE: Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Excellance
- Every child has the right to be educated by highly qualified staff in a safe and caring environment.
- Literacy is the foundation of learning.
- Learning should be engaging and meaningful to ensure the development of a well-rounded child.
- Staff will continue to learn and teach, using current and innovative research-based practices.
- The school community promotes high expectations for students, families and staff.
- The school community values diversity and the uniqueness of individuals.